FrameBuilder-MRD Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FrameBuilder MRD > Support > Quick Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wall: How to Add Pockets into a Wall Frame

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wall: How to Add Pockets into a Wall Frame
    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 8:18am
1: Select Wall
2: Open Wall Toolset

3: Select Pocket Tool Set

4: Add/Edit/Move Pocket

Examples:

Edited by administrator - 23 Nov 2020 at 2:02am
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 12:39pm
"Hi. I'm wondering if there is a way to add a pocket to the bottom of the frame? I'm trying to cut the frame around the base plates of structural columns, but I can't figure out how to do it. Hopefully someone can help"

Try the following:

Step 1: Draw your a standard wall between the columns

Step 2: Use the Split Point Tool to add two split points on the edge of the base

Step 3: Use the Stretch Icon found in the wall module to pull the yellow stretch points on the inside edge of the bottom split points towards the bottom of the base.

Edited by administrator - 20 Feb 2022 at 6:42am
andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2022 at 7:44am
Hi. I'm wondering if there is a way to add a pocket to the bottom of the frame? I'm trying to cut the frame around the base plates of structural columns, but I can't figure out how to do it. Hopefully someone can help

administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 12:39pm
"Hi. I'm wondering if there is a way to add a pocket to the bottom of the frame? I'm trying to cut the frame around the base plates of structural columns, but I can't figure out how to do it. Hopefully someone can help"

Try the following:

Step 1: Draw your a standard wall between the columns

Step 2: Use the Split Point Tool to add two split points on the edge of the base

Step 3: Use the Stretch Icon found in the wall module to pull the yellow stretch points on the inside edge of the bottom split points towards the bottom of the base.

Edited by administrator - 20 Feb 2022 at 6:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic